More Australian personal finance blogs

By | March 22, 2017

Author: Mrs DDU.

It’s been a while now since we first posted our list of Australian personal finance blogs and we have noticed quite an increase in newer bloggers popping up (hi there!). So we thought we would add our new blogger comrades to that master list and give them a shout out in a post as well – we love that the Aussie finance blogosphere is growing!

So without further ado, here they are (feel free to pop over and give them some love):

FIRE By Thirty-Five – Or “LadyFIRE” is determined to be financially independent and retire early at 35 – as the name suggests! Her main jam is investing in property and already has her own home and an investment property, paying off 2 mortgages in her mid-20s.

The Wealthy Bogan – He is aiming to FIRE at the age of 30 and is currently in his mid-20s, that’s some determination! He lives in Adelaide and works for an average income, saving hard on building his stealth wealth to reach that elusive FIRE.

Buy Hold Long – Caleb is in his mid-20s and also on the FIRE path. He started investing in October 2016 and is a big believer in long-term buy and hold stocks, especially looking for bargains or little-known stocks with big potential.

Financial Farmers – Are a couple in their 30s with one child living in NSW. They are all about reaching financial freedom at the age of 40 and living a sustainable lifestyle, with 4 chickens, an active vegetable garden and a dream to one day own a farm of their own.

Makin Cents – Loves to share general financial tips, such as how to improve your fuel economy, the great thing is that it’s completely from an Australian perspective, which means you get Australia-specific tips!

The FI Explorer – Is in his 40s and aiming for FIRE in 2021. He is sharing his journey, what he learns and portfolio updates along the way and loves the idea of connecting with like-minded people on the same path.

Slack Investor – Is all about investing for the best returns with the least amount of effort and keeping his blog updated with how he does it. With 30+ years of investing experience under his belt, he invests in Australian stocks but also enjoys international diversification by investing in the USA and UK.

All About Balance – Is a Sydney-sider with a philosophy of making simple changes for maximum results and, of course, bringing balance to life. She aims to blog weekly, sharing the journey and tips along the way.

Final thoughts

We look forward to following along with our new Aussie brethren’s journeys, we are especially excited by how many are on the path towards FIRE! We hope it’s ok that we’ve included you all on our list and hope we can send a little bit of internet love/readers your way.

If you haven’t already checked out our entire list of Australian personal finance blogs that we have come across over our blogging journey, check it out here.

Have you found any great new blogs? If you are a new blog, how are you finding the community and experience of blogging?

Thanks for reading this article about our financial journey Down Under.

25 thoughts on “More Australian personal finance blogs

1. Martin - Get FIRE'd asap

Some new blogs for me to check out. Thanks guys. I love that the Aussie FIRE blogisphere is starting to grow. That means that there must be plenty more getting on board the financial freedom train. Good to see.

No problem! Glad we could point you in the direction of some new Aussie blogs. The more the merrier, financial freedom for everyone!

2. LadyFIRE

Yay, I’m on a list! Once again, thanks so much for the directory of Aussie bloggers, google is not your friend in the case. You guys rock for putting this together 🙂

3. Buy, Hold Long

Yay, I made the list. Thanks for giving me a shoutout. I don’t think I could have described my investing style any clearer than you have. Thanks for the link! Definitely appreciate it. Cheers

4. SMM

I’m fairly new to the community overall and the experience has been great! Bloggers really have great feedback and insight and I think that helps and motivates us to continue writing. We all in a way work together and bounce ideas and thoughts that help create new content for everyone’s benefit!

I do love the way the financial bloggers band together as a support network, guest posts, and all the amazing comments. It’s the best to be surrounded by like-minded people. Thanks for stopping by and commenting as always!

5. MakinCents

Hello Guys, Thank you very much for the mention. I will be adding a Favourite Blog Listing to my site soon and will return the favour. Such a good community! 🙂

No problems, you deserve to be on the list! Thanks for your well wishes, pregnancy is going great, that reminds me that we need to do a pregnancy update post.

6. Cath @ Get MoneyWise

Thanks for this list. I hope to join it in the next few weeks. Just getting my website together at the moment. I love that the FIRE community is starting to grow in Australia.

I’m curious about this soon-to-be website of yours :). We don’t update our Aussie blogger list very often, so you might have to wait quite a while.. Pop by and leave us some comments when you’ve got the site up and running and we will check it out 🙂

7. Pat the Shuffler

Nice list of Australian personal finance blogs. Reading about 401ks and IRAs does get tiresome when you can’t relate to it at all. Shattered I missed the list this time, but check out mine next time you get a chance 🙂

True that about the 401Ks and IRAs, haha. I have had a little look around your blog and will make a note to pop it on our next update for the Aussie bloggers post 🙂

1. Martin - Get FIRE'd asap

I second that. I did read of a “fans of Mr MM” meetup happening in Sydney around January I think. I never heard whether it happened or if it was to become a regular event.