Author: Mr and Mrs DDU.
Disclaimer: Stocks mentioned on this blog are for general entertainment/documentation purposes only, following our own investment journey and decisions. Nothing in this article should be considered investment advice nor is intended to be investment advice. Please click here to continue reading our disclaimer. By viewing any page on this blog you are agreeing to the linked terms & conditions.
One day we want to be able to live purely off the income from our investments. The earlier this happens in our lives, the better.
How do we know if we’re getting any closer? By tracking it of course.
Our dividend updates and graphs run from 1st July to 30th June each year, lining up with the Australian tax year.
In October we were paid the following in cash and franking credits:
- Altium (ASX:ALU) $30.12 cash and $0 franking credits. Total $30.12.
- BWX (ASX:BWX) $6.26 cash and $2.68 franking credits. Total $8.94.
- Collection House (ASX:CLH) $11.78 cash and $5.05 franking credits. Total $5.05.
- Greencross (ASX:GXL) $11.21 cash and $4.80 franking credits. Total $16.01.
- InvoCare (ASX:IVC) $14.99 cash and $6.42 franking credits. Total $21.41.
- Japara (ASX:JHC) $61.58 cash and $18.48 franking credits. Total $80.06.
- National Veterinary Care (ASX:NVL) $31.08 cash and $13.21 franking credits. Total $44.40.
- Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) $22.62 cash and $0 franking credits. Total $0.
- WAM Capital (ASX:WAM) $17.55 cash and $7.52 franking credits. Total $25.07.
- WAM Research (ASX:WAX) $55.67 cash and $23.86 franking credits. Total $79.53.
- Combined $262.86 cash and $82.13 franking credits. Total $344.99.
We re-invested the following to receive more shares:
We received 34 more Japara shares
We received 10 more Rural Funds shares
We received 7 more WAM Capital shares
Here is our dividend graph for the tax year:
October 2016: $139.36
October 2017: $344.99
Increase in dollars: $205.63
Increase in percentage: 148%
Wow! What a huge month of dividends. Not only did we pass $200 for the first time, we blew past that and got $300 for the first time as well! A 148% increase is a huge increase from a month that had already achieved a 3 digit pay-out the year before. We would need to have an amazing next April to beat that total in six months.
You may remember that we have a dividend goal of $622.50 for the 2017 calendar year as part of our 2017 goals, which is a 50% increase on 2016’s total. So far during 2017 we have received $835.79. We have smashed our goal and everything from now is a great bonus.
How was your October for dividends?
Thanks for reading this article about our investing journey Down Under.
Onwards and upwards!